Siebenwurst has been making history in tool and mould making for over 100 years. Throughout this long period of time, the constantly changing requirements of the market have demanded flexibility and adaptability from us. The ability and tradition of "reinvention" have therefore played a key role in the development of our Group. With this mindset, we will also master new challenges together with you.
By acquiring a majority stake in SOLID Solutions in Design GmbH, Siebenwurst made a significant investment in the further development of its product development business, thereby systematically expanding its process chain. Solid specialises in the development of exterior and interior modules for the automotive industry.
Just one year after entering the Mexican market, Siebenwurst intensified its activities on the North American continent. With the foundation of a new location (Siebenwurst US Inc.) in Greenville, South Carolina, Siebenwurst now has a production site in the USA as well.
As a global player, Siebenwurst supports its partners in North America from its Querétaro site in Mexico. Siebenwurst strengthened its position in Asia with a maintenance and repair location in Shenyang. With its stake in CAD/CAM SOLUTION in Poland, Siebenwurst massively expanded its capabilities in toolmaking for forming technology.
Siebenwurst Consulting & Services GmbH (SCS) was founded with the aim of combining the comprehensive service package for Siebenwurst customers across the globe in the tool and mould making sector and with the aim of coordinating international Siebenwurst activities. By 2017, SCS already had its locations in Dillingen, Munich and Ingolstadt.
As part of its internationalisation efforts, Siebenwurst opened its first location in Asia with a service company in Shanghai. A team of six began work on 1 January 2011. In focus: Comprehensive support services for tools and moulds ? from start-up and project management to repair and maintenance.
Siebenwurst established a unique service model on the market in 2005 with the TOOL DOCTORS: As a rapid reaction force, tool experts offer direct on-site assistance around the clock and worldwide. They provide support in relation to tool-related machine failures as well as for maintenance, servicing and start-up optimisation, even for third-party tools.
Siebenwurst has always implemented comprehensive measures for quality assurance and process optimisation. The initial DIN certification in 1999 was a milestone in this aspect of the company's development. At present, Siebenwurst is certified according to DIN ISO 9001:2008 and DIN ISO 50001:2011.
Leonhard and Christian Siebenwurst founded Siebenwurst Werkzeugbau GmbH in 1991 at the historic automotive manufacturing site of Zwickau. Starting with maintenance services, the fledgling company quickly developed into a sought-after manufacturer of tools for sophisticated structural parts.
The first injection moulds are produced in the factory buildings in Dietfurt.
Siebenwurst produces the first press moulds.
At the end of the 1950s, a completely new field of mould making emerged with the production of plastic moulds. This division grew very quickly leading to investments being made in employees, production and machine capacities (primarily copying and milling machines). The number of apprenticeship places rose to over forty.
Siebenwurst produced the first aluminium foundry models in the early 1950s. This has led to the highly successful development of mould making with steel tools. The first products to be produced were chill moulds made of grey cast iron and steel. These were used for casting aluminium parts.
Well-trained specialists were in short supply in the post-war years. This is why the training of apprentices was a top priority at Siebenwurst at a very early stage. Indeed, it has remained a top priority to this day. The first model makers were trained as early as the 1940s. They benefited from the experience of longstanding employees who had also relocated from Nuremberg.
At the end of the war in 1945, there was initially a sharp drop in demand for castings. Karl Christian Siebenwurst therefore refocussed production on the manufacture of windows and doors for the reconstruction. By the end of the 1940s, he was able to resume and expand his core business due to the increasing demand for foundry models.
Following the complete destruction of the Nuremberg factory in World War II, Siebenwurst relocated to Dietfurt (Upper Palatinate), the current home of its head office, at the end of 1943. Roughly 25 employees of the Nuremberg workforce were part of the new start in a wooden barrack.
In 1940, Karl Christian Siebenwurst moved the model making business within Nuremberg to Celtisplatz Square, situated south of the main station. At that time, Siebenwurst already employed about 40 model makers. During World War II, the factory was completely destroyed in an air raid in March 1943. Work subsequently resumed in an alternative hall.
After the death of Leonhard Siebenwurst, his wife ran the company until it was taken over by their two sons Karl Christian and Johann Friedrich. In the 1930s, Karl Christian Siebenwurst parted ways with his brother and opened his own model making company in Nuremberg-Wörth.
As a supplier to a relative, Ludwig Mauer, owner of Maurer Motorfahrzeugfabrik Union, Leonhard Siebenwurst gained early access to the emerging automotive industry. Maurer built the first motor vehicles in Nuremberg and delivered the first automobiles before the turn of the century.
On 19 May 1897, Leonhard Siebenwurst (1846-1913) laid the foundation for our company with a modelling workshop in Nuremberg. With an assistant and a hand-operated lathe, he produced wooden models for cast iron parts. When he died on 15 July 1913, the company had already grown to eight model makers.
Christian Karl Siebenwurst GmbH & Co. KG
Modellbau und Formenbau
Telephone: 08464 650?0
Telefax: 08464 1280